Pediatric Dentistry in Houston, TX
Smile Unique Dental and Orthodontics offers premier pediatric dentistry in Houston, TX. Call us at (832) 391-8660 to schedule an appointment for your young ones.
What Is A Pediatric Dentist?
Another role a pediatric dentist plays is to educate young children and teenagers about good oral hygiene practices. Since they primarily deal with developing baby teeth or recently-developed adult teeth, they track your child’s progress and educate them on how to care for their teeth.
Would you like to see a pediatric dentist in Houston? Smile Unique Dental and Orthodontics provides gentle dental care for the whole family. Get in touch today to get a better handle on your child’s oral health.
What Services Do Pediatric Dentists Offer?
Since a pediatric dentist undergoes the same rigorous medical training as a general dentist, they can perform a similar array of dental procedures. However, since they specialize in taking care of children, you can expect them to offer:
- Bite correction treatment
- Diagnoses for gum diseases, such as pediatric periodontal disease.
- Education and counseling to prevent bad habits (e.g. thumb sucking, chewing on hard objects)
- Fluoride Treatments
- Nutrition and dietary recommendations
- Oral health examinations for infants
- Preventative dental care
- Teeth straightening treatments
- Tooth decay and dental cavity treatments
- Treatment for dental injuries
Unsure about which pediatric dental treatment in Houston is right for you? Contact us today, and our expert, friendly staff will be happy to answer all of your questions, or schedule a time for you to come in.
Why You Should Visit A Pediatric Dentist
You might not think that your child needs to visit a pediatric dentist, but there are certain services they can provide that can improve your child’s oral health, prevent disease and allow them to develop a healthy set of teeth.
- Checking for healthy development of baby teeth in infants.
- Educating parents about unhealthy behaviors and instilling good habits.
- Making dietary recommendations that provide good nutrition while promoting oral health.
- Utilize special tools and techniques that cater to the delicate mouths of young patients.
- Counseling children to promote regular brushing and flossing.
Perhaps most importantly, your pediatric dentist in Houston provides a relaxing, comfortable and kid-friendly environment that puts children at ease and prepares them for regular dental checkups. Children may naturally feel fear and apprehension at a dental appointment that a pediatric dentist is trained to alleviate.