Dentures in Houston, TX
Dentures are one of the most popularly known dental appliances. In this section, we’ll answer some of the most common questions about dentures, including what they are, who they are for, and who is eligible for them.
Looking for dentures in Houston, TX? Smile Unique Dental and Orthodontics can provide a full range of dentures for patients who need them. Contact us at (832) 391-8660 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a set of artificial teeth and gums, designed specifically for the wearer. They are custom-made to fit perfectly in your mouth and perform the functions your natural teeth would perform. There are two types: whole and partial dentures.
Like the name suggests, whole dentures are designed to replace the function of the entirety of either your lower or upper jaw. Partial dentures, on the other hand, are designed to fit a specific portion of your mouth that is missing teeth.
Who Needs Dentures?
Most people know that dentures are primarily used by senior citizens. However, any adult can get dentures if necessary. Dentures are recommended for people with specific conditions for which they can provide a solution, such as:
- Age-related loss of teeth
- Oral damage from radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- Severe tooth decay that is not treatable through any other means
- Large sections of missing teeth or damaged gums that can not support healthy teeth
The Benefits of Dentures
For people without healthy, functioning teeth, everyday tasks can be very difficult. Dentures perform a variety of support roles and help improve oral health and function.
- An improvement in chewing capability
- A more stable mouth structure
- Structural integrity to the jaw
- Improved oral health, including gum and tooth health
- Providing a perfect, natural smile
- Eliminating painful, damaged teeth from the mouth