Dental Fillings in Houston, TX
What are Dental Fillings?
Today, dental fillings can be made of newer, composite materials such as ceramics or plastics. The benefit of using these materials is that they blend in seamlessly with the surrounding teeth, fabricated specifically to match their color. However, they are not as durable as silver fillings, making these materials better for use in dental fillings for front teeth that are not subject to strong chewing forces.
Smile Unique Dental and Orthodontics provides high-quality dental fillings in Houston, TX for all of our patients. Contact us today at (832) 391-8660 to schedule a consultation.
Who Needs A Dental Filling?
What Happens In A Dental Filling Procedure?
Your dental filling procedure depends on the severity of the damage your tooth has experienced, as well as the type of filling that will suit your condition best. Generally, the procedure works like this:
- Your dentist determines the type of filling you require:
These can be done in a single visit, and the procedure is completed in about an hour.
If your tooth has severe damage, you may need an indirect filling, which can take multiple appointments to complete.
- The dentist numbs the area receiving the filling, using a topical anesthetic or one that can be injected into the surrounding tissue.
- The dentist prepares and cleans out the area and inserts the filling into the damaged area.
- You perform some bite tests to check for pain, tenderness or discomfort, and to flatten out the filling.
- The procedure is complete, and you schedule a follow-up appointment to check on the filling and make sure there are no problems.
If you need a dental filling in Houston, we have you covered. Contact Smile Unique Dental and Orthodontics at (832) 391-8660 to schedule an appointment.