Many people wonder about the best way to straighten teeth. The two most popular options are Invisalign and traditional braces. If you are also one of those, then this blog is for you. Invisalign vs braces, let’s see see which one works faster to produce results.
Invisalign vs. Braces – The Faster Option
The treatment time depends on your condition. Invisalign takes 7 to 18 months, while metal braces require 20 to 24 months. Invisalign main advantage lies in its function to align all teeth at one time, but it may take longer for severe cases. Remember, consistency is key; it should be worn for at least 20 hours a day for optimal results.
- Stealth Appearance: One of the main reasons why people choose clear aligners is their discreet appearance. Invisalign aligners are invisible and work pretty quietly without letting anyone know.
- Comfort: Clear aligners snap-fit on your teeth with zero discomfort and cuts, which are common with braces. Although there might be some initial pain as your teeth adjust.
- Maintenance: Maintaining good oral hygiene is easier with clear aligners. Simply remove them, brush and floss as usual, and pop them back in; it is not the complex regime you were expecting!
- Food Choices: The one thing with braces is food restrictions. With Invisalign, you can enjoy hard or chewy foods without worry. They are easily removed before eating, preventing damage or irritation.
- Fewer Orthodontist Visits: While Invisalign typically requires a month check-up, some online providers offer clear aligners without frequent orthodontist visits.
- Not Suitable for Complex Corrections: Clear aligners work best for minor changes and may not be the best option for complex cases.
- You Must Remove It Before Eating: It is a must to remove clear aligners while eating or drinking anything other than water to prevent damage.
- Discipline Of Wearing: You must wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours daily to ensure the best results. Losing your aligners or not wearing them can increase the time span of your treatment.
- Increased Brushing: Snacking throughout the day may require frequent tooth brushing to maintain oral hygiene.
- Visible Attachments: Some cases require small tooth attachments seen through the clear plastic, which may mean more consultations.
- The Best Solution For Complex Teeth Straightening: Braces are versatile and can handle minor to complex cases, even in challenging situations.
- Multiple Options: You have many choices, from metal braces, behind-teeth (lingual) braces, or ceramic braces for a more discreet appearance.
- Not Easily Removed: You do not have to worry about their removal. Braces are fixed in one place, so there is no need to remove them before eating or ensuring a specific daily wear time.
- Safe to Drink All Beverages: Unlike aligners, braces do not stain and are heat-resistant, allowing you to enjoy various beverages without worry.
- Mouth Discomfort: Metal braces are uncomfortable, resulting in irritation or cuts inside the mouth.
- Characteristic Metal Look: Traditional braces, like those metal ones, are easily noticeable.
- Food Limitations: Certain foods, like gum, bagels, hard candy, and popcorn, should be avoided with braces to prevent damage.
- Frequent Orthodontist Visits: Having braces means regular visits to the orthodontist for adjustments.
- Can Possibly Stain Your Teeth: After removal, some users may notice tooth discoloration, but this can often be corrected with proper dental care.
All in all, the choice between Invisalign and braces depends on your needs and the kind of case you have. If you want to learn more, get in touch with the dental experts from Smile Unique Dental and Orthodontics. Dial (832) 391-8660 to connect with us or drop by our clinic. We are located at 19355 Katy Freeway STE 600, Houston, TX 77094.